Know the regulations and your employer’s health and safety responsibilities.
What should I expect from my employer?
It’s your employer’s responsibility to create a safe and healthy work environment for you. Things your employer has to do:
- Provide you with thorough on-the-job training and orientation
- Make sure you have proper supervision to do your job safely
- Create an environment where you can ask questions and raise any safety concerns
- Correct unsafe conditions promptly
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) when you need it — and demonstrate how to use it properly
- Investigate and report all incidents to WorkSafeBC