The Workers’ Compensation Board of BC (WorkSafeBC) recognized the privacy concerns or visitors to our website and the importance of protecting the privacy of any personal information collected about our visitors. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect any personal information (such as name, address or email address) from visitors to our site. The type of information that we may collect is non-personal information used to optimize our web pages for our computer (for example, the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may also use non-personal information to determine the total number of visitors to our web site.
We only collect personal information about visitors to our site when visitors knowingly and voluntarily submit the information. Whenever we do collect such information, the following applies:
- We will notify you when we are collecting personal information, and will let you know the intended use of the information.
- We will only use personal information for the purposes that we disclosed at the time of collection as the purpose of the collection, or for uses consistent with those purposes.
- We will not transfer personal information to third parties, except as required or authorized under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FIPP Act’).
- We may use the collected information to respond to your specific requests.
- We may also use it in aggregate form without personal identifiers to make our site better and more responsive to our visitors’ needs. This statistical compilation of non-identifiable information may be used by the Workers’ Compensation Board of BC or be provided to others for the Boards’ marketing, advertising, or research purposes. The Workers’ Compensation Board of BC complies with privacy laws by maintaining safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of such information.
Links to other sites
This site may be linked to other web sites with our organization, or to web sites operated by others. The Workers’ Compensation Board of BC is not responsible for the content or practices of third-party web sites that may be linked to or from this site.